Me Time Tag!



 Hello guys! So before I get into the post, I've just got some things to say. First and foremost, I am going to post twice a week now! I had only been doing once a week, but I think that I can squeeze out two posts a week. Plus, I love blogging and just opening up to you guys. So I am so excited to try that out. Secondly, I would like to thank Jasmine over at Color U Bold for tagging me to do this tag. I'm so glad we connected this past week! If you're on Twitter or Bloglovin' let's follow each other! I would love to connect to other bloggers.

 Now time for the actual post! Here we go :)

 Anyone who knows me personally knows that I absolutely love me time. I think it's completely healthy to have some me time every so often. We often get hung up on the day to day craziness, and I know that this can overwhelm me. So I love to get away from all of that and just relax! So here's how I do that!

1. What do you watch or read during me time?

 I absolutely love to read, but I usually don't do it during me time. I read like crazy on breaks from school, but during the school year, I don't like to read a lot. I think it's because I read so much for school as it is, so I don't like to read anymore than I need to! The only exception to that is blogs. I love finding new blogs. Especially beauty blogs! I also watch a lot of Youtube.

Here's my favorite channels:

Jaclyn Hill

Zoella

Arden Rose
*Fun Fact- I always wanted to name my first daughter Arden Rose.

So those are my favorite people to waste time with!

2. What do you wear during me time?



 I can pretty normally be found in a tank top and yoga pants. Yoga pants just make my heart happy. I wear them everywhere, and I really don't have any shame in it. And when I'm home, I like to be in comfy clothes. I don't like to feel overly clothed if that makes since. So pretty much I look like the picture above. But in the first picture, you see I'm wearing a light sweater. This is because it's currently cold in Texas. So I was freezing in my tank top!

3. What are your all time favorite beauty products?



 I cannot live without Aveeno! If you've read a previous post of mine, you might have seen where I mentioned how good Aveeno is for you versus other scented lotions. But if you haven't, I'll try to sum it up here. Basically Aveeno actually moisturizes the skin because it gets deeper into your skin tissue than scented lotions. Scented lotions tend to just sit on the top surface of your skin to give the illusion that you're moisturized, when really only your top skin tissue layer is. I hope that made sense. With that being said, I absolutely love Aveeno. It's a little pricey for lotion, but hey, you get what you pay for.

 I am currently loving the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara! This is definitely the best drugstore mascara I've ever tried. I used to be a loyal Covergirl Lashblast girl, but when I lost my tube I bought this Maybelline one instead of my usual. I literally got it before the lady at Ulta put the display out. She walked away from the box to help another customer, and I saw the box unattended, so I went and peeked inside. I picked it up and have been in love ever since. Sorry lady at Ulta.

 I love the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation - Matte and Poreless. I just really like Maybelline. But I have had the hardest time finding foundations that actually are my skin tone, and this one gave me hope. It is exactly my shade, and it goes on so nice and consistently. I am on the oily side, so that's why I went for Matte and Poreless. They also sell it in a natural finish, and a dewy finish. So there is literally a perfect fit for everyone with this line.

4. Current favorite nail polish?


I am not currently wearing any nail polish, but my favorite nail polish is the Sephora by OPI nail polish in the shade Mr. Right Now. It comes out as a nice burgundy, maroon kind of red. It's a great fall color, and it goes on the nail really nicely and consistently. There's nothing worse than nail polish that comes off stringy or not consistently.

5. What do you eat during me time?



 Sorry for the bad quality on the picture there! Not my proudest moment. Anyways, when I'm having me time, I absolutely love snacks! I could live off of eating snacks for the rest of my life. My current favorite snack is called Almond Pops by 180 Snacks. I think it's just super yummy! It tastes almost like a cereal bar with blueberries and almonds in it. It's really yummy for like a light snack. The great thing about this snack is that it is super friendly for healthy eaters: It's made with whole grains, it's free of GMO's, and its made in the oven as opposed to anything fried you could be eating! I love this snack so very much!

 As for what I drink, I usually only drink water. I don't like sodas or anything carbonated. So if I am eating out, I usually go for water or juices. At home, I try to only drink water. This way I get as much water as I need for the day, and so that I don't pollute my body with harmful sugars.

6. Current favorite candle?

 I don't really use candles. I love to smell candles, and I like to burn the ones I have had for years, but I'm not the kind of person to go and buy candles and burn them all the time. But I do have a fragrance that I absolutely love!
This is from Air Wick and it's the Snuggle scented air can. It's supposed to go into a reusable spray thing, but I use it as I would a normal air spray. It smells like heaven and when I use it, I just want to bask in it's smell. It smells like fresh laundry should smell like! And I love to do laundry so maybe that's why I like it :)

7. Do you ever have outdoor me time?

 Not very often, no. If I do, it's because I'm taking my dog to go outside and use the bathroom and I'll just sit on a chair in my porch and look around. I like to look around, but I'm not much of an outdoorsy person.

8. Would you go and see a movie alone?

 I would! I think there are some movies you should see alone! I know that I love having my friends when I watch a big release that we both want to see. But I like to be by myself in the theater if I want to watch a movie that no one else wants to see.

9. Favorite online shop

 I don't have one particular store I like to shop online. I like to browse different places for different things. But if I had to choose, I would choose Sephora because I don't have a Sephora where I live.

10. Anything to add?



 During me time, I love to play with my cat and go on social media. I love early mornings with my cat, Zoey. She is just so cute and we have little play times. It's cute until she bites me. As for social media, I love going online when I get the chance! I love Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. If you've got any of these and don't follow me, be sure to!


Thanks so much for reading this! I hope you have enjoyed it :)

What do you like to do during your me time? I would love to know what else I can do to waste time! :)

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top