Makeup Brush Maintenance



 Hello guys! So I am really happy to be getting back into the groove of blogging! I am actually prewriting blog posts, like an organized person. What is happening to me?!  I am actually organized?! This is too crazy for me XD. But yes, I am getting more organized as far as my blog posts go. I hope you guys like it!

 Today I wanted to share how I maintain my brushes. I know so many people who don't wash their brushes because they think "I am the only one who uses these, so I don't have to worry about germs," or "I don't need to wash my brushes." But both of these are SO wrong! Even if you are the only person who uses your brushes, as it should be unless you're a professional makeup artist, you still accumulate bacteria and germs from makeup products and the interaction it has with your face. So I thought I would share how I keep up with my brushes just in case you don't currently have a routine going. I hope you enjoy :)

 When I use a brush, I always make sure I let it sit for a little bit before I try to clean it. I know this may seem a little hypocritical, but I find that if I immediately try to wash it after using it, I leave some makeup behind on the brush. And makeup that is left behind can become dangerous as far as bacteria and germs go.

 After it has sat for a little bit, I use the E.L.F Daily Brush Cleaner. It is a spray that you use to lightly clean the brush. You wouldn't want to do an extensive clean everyday just because it might damage your brush faster if you do that. So I apply the spray directly to the brush, then I lightly dab the brush on a clean paper towel. This gets rid of the majority of the makeup that was on the brush. I do this to all of the brushes I use almost everyday. Sometimes I am too lazy to be bothered with cleaning, but usually I do this everyday.

 Every week, I do a more intensive wash of my brushes. I use the E.L.F Brush Shampoo as a cleaning gel. I get all of the brushes and go to a sink. I wet the brush first, then apply some of the shampoo into the palm of my hand, then I swirl the brush into the shampoo. Depending on the brush, I might do a more intensive clean. Like my foundation brush I clean better just because I use that everyday, so it probably has more makeup on it than some of my other brushes.

 After that, I rinse through the brush and repeat the above steps for all of my brushes. Luckily I don't have too many, or else it might take me longer to wash them! But I love using clean brushes, and it makes me feel better knowing that they are clean. Plus it isn't expensive at all to keep them nice! The Daily Cleaner and the Shampoo are by E.L.F and I believe that they are $3 each. Which is such a great price! I haven't found anything that's this cheap as far as brush shampoos go.

 There's my makeup brush routine! I know it might seem like a lot of work, but just see it as an investment into your beauty. A clean brush does wonders for the face, as well as being free from germs. If you don't currently have a brush routine, I highly recommend you get one!

Question of the Post: Do you currently have a routine for cleaning your brushes? If so, what are they?

 Thanks for reading! And I will see you very soon!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top