What Am I Listening To?




Hey guys! I am back with a new "What Am I Listening To?" post! I haven't posted an updated one in a really long time! It's not that I haven't been listening to new music, it's just that I haven't really been talking about it. As a self-proclaimed music nerd, I happen to always be listening to some type of music, so today I thought I would share the songs that I have been listening to most in the past two weeks. I hope you enjoy :)

Left Hand Free by Alt-J



 I cannot get this song out of my head! When I went to ACL, I got to see this band perform live. I had never heard of them before, but by the crowd at their show, I could tell that I was missing out on something. So I stayed and watched their set, and it was amazing. These guys know how to put on a show!! As well, I realized that I actually knew some of their stuff, I just didn't know it was them. In particular, this song. This song actually comes on where I work, and I always hum along when it's on. But seeing it live was just a whole different experience. This is a great song, and by an amazing band. With that said, I am now an Alt-J fan XD

Hello by Adele



THE QUEEN IS BACK! I love Adele, and I am so glad she is releasing new music. 21 is one of my favorite albums of all time, and 19 is the most relaxing album I can think of. But with "Hello", Adele reclaims the throne of the power vocals. The video, although very simple at first glance, was actually the first music video to use IMAX cameras, which makes her music video look more like a movie than anything else. Adele tells a story in her songs, and that's what I have grown to love about her as an artist.


Adam's Song by Blink 182



 Adam's Song is my all time favorite Blink 182 song. Recently, I bought an old Blink 182 album that had like their greatest hits, and that's basically all I have been listening to in my car for the past like two weeks. This song deals with depression and thoughts of suicide, but in a mature and nostalgic way. You can hear the yearning for old times in the composure of the lyrics and in the tone of the instrumentals. For me, this song has more meaning than ever before. I won't say why, but this song just carries more meaning for me today than ever before. It's an oldie but a goodie :)

 So those have been the songs I have been loving recently! I hope you enjoyed! Thanks so much for reading, and I will see you guys soon!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top