All Time Favorites

 Hello guys! So after last week's very personal blog post, I decided that I wanted to do something more lighthearted and fun for this week's post! I am going to talk to you guys about some of my favorite things of all time. Like raindrops on roses, or whiskers on kittens. You know, just casually. So I am going to break them down into categories so that this blog remains nice and organized. So here we go! (Let's take bets as to how many times I am going to say "so" in this post!)

 Skin Care

 Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not the biggest skincare aficionado, but I do have products that I swear by! And here they are!

Aveeno Lotion

 This stuff is golden! I swear by it for absolutely soft and touchable skin! I love buying lotions that smell good, but if you want something that is really going to moisturize your skin from the inside out, Aveeno is for you. The way cheaper, better smelling lotions work is that they sit on the surface level of the skin without going into your pores. This is great because you wouldn't want the chemicals that cause it to smell good to get into your pores, but at the same time, you won't truly be moisturized. The way that Aveeno works is that it not only moisturizes the surface level of the skin, it will actually get into the pores so that your skin is truly soft and moisturized. I can go a day without putting it on and still feel just as soft as before. I absolutely swear by it. I love, love love it! I get mine at Ulta Beauty for like $7.99 I believe. It's not as cheap as the smell good lotions, but it is worth the money!

Simple Products

 I only use Simple products when it comes to taking off makeup and exfoliating. I like Simple because it  does not use harsh chemicals. And you can tell because when you use it, it doesn't leave your skin very dry. There's still an element of dryness because your makeup needs to come off somehow! But it isn't as harsh as some makeup wipes I have used in the past. I use the Simple Cleansing Wipes and the Exfoliating wipes. I get the cleansing ones in a pack of two for $8.99 at Ulta. One pack, which is 25 wipes, is $5.99 at Ulta. And the exfoliating wipes, I believe, are the same price. I could be wrong on that, but I am pretty sure they are the same price.

Beauty

 Covergirl Lashblast Mascara

 I have literally been using this mascara since the time I have started wearing makeup. I love the applicator on this mascara. It really separates each individual lash and the formula isn't super heavy, which I love because I have really sensitive eyes, so it makes it easier for me to wear mascara if it's a light formula. This one goes for like $7.99 at Walmart I believe. I get everything at Ulta because, yeah, I like rewards. I swear, my Ulta rewards card is my life. I love it!

L'Oreal Paris Youth Code BB Cream

 Okay, so I don't wear typical foundations. I just think it looks so heavy and I don't like wearing too much makeup on my face. I like BB creams because its a light/sheer finish (partly because it's not supposed to be worn as a foundation), and while I wear it, it actually corrects some of the issues I have on my face. Like my cheeks are a little more red than the rest of my face, but since I have been using this BB cream, I am noticing my skin becoming more clear and consistent. I got this BB cream for $5.99 at Marshall's. I think regular price though, it runs like at $10. I just looked at some prices on Google and that seemed to be the median price. If I am wrong, I am so sorry!

Television

 I am not a huge TV person. I just don't like sitting and watching TV. But I do have some shows that I am very dedicated and loyal to, so here they are!

American Horror Story

 I absolutely love this series! I love how each season is so carefully thought out, and each season is different than the others. I think my favorite season was Murder House, but I am also enjoying Coven on Netflix. Sorry, I haven't quite enjoyed Freakshow. I just felt like this season there was a real lack of a story being told. It feels disconnected somehow. I don't know how to explain it. But Murder House, Asylum, and Coven are so good that I am going to watch it until it ends. I absolutely love this series. Just a warning, it isn't for the faint hearted. If you get easily scared, or you don't like gruesome television, I wouldn't recommend you watch the series. It's a little out there, but I love it so I will continue to watch it!

Tabitha Takes Over

 So I don't know if this show is still on the air, but I was obsessed with it a few years back. And if I see it's on, I will either watch it or record it for me to watch later. I love these kinds of renovation shows. This also goes for house flipping shows. But there's too many I watch for me to list them all out. Basically, if a store (it used to only be salons, but she expanded the show to do all kinds of businesses) was falling apart, she would come in for  a week to see what was not working and she would completely redo the business to give them a fresh start. I absolutely love it. Renovation shows are my weakness, and this is my favorite show of that kind.

Music

 I have varying tastes in music. I like different kinds of genres and artists. But I am going to simplify this by listing two of my favorite artists, from two different genres. That way you guys can see two different styles. (Heehee, styles. Like Harry Styles. Heehee, heehee).

 Young The Giant

If you were to ask me who my favorite artist/band is, I would probably say Passion Pit or Young The Giant. I would probably put Young The Giant above Passion Pit though because YTG is more diverse in their songs. I can honestly say each of their songs are unique and so good. They have such a calm and romantic theme sometimes, but then they can also be very edgy and meaningful in others. I just love them. I can't really say much more than I love them.

One Direction

Speaking of Harry Styles, I would rate One Direction as one of my favorite bands. I love how much they have grown as a band in the years that they have been together. You couldn't listen to the Up All Night album and the Four album and say that's the same band. And the beauty of it is is that they are the same band. They have gracefully matured in their songs and their songwriting abilities. To think that they used to never write their songs, and now they have so much more control as far as songwriting goes. I think it's wonderful. Plus, no one can deny that their songs are catchy.


Alright guys! I hope that wasn't too long of a read! Thanks for reading this post! What are your favorite things? Comment below, or if you have a blog, comment that below! I would love to check it out! Alrighty, then! Bye!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top