Classic Red Lip Tutorial



Hello guys! I am back with another tutorial! This was a tutorial I had had in the back of my mind that I wanted to do. Plus I felt bad that I took forever to get my last tutorial up, and when it did, it was pretty short in comparison to my other posts. So today I am going to do another tutorial. This one is way more in depth and detailed, and it's just more fun than the last one I did. I hope you guys enjoy it!

 So here's what you're going to need for this look!



 I'm going to be completely honest when I say that this look can be achieved with other products. So if you don't have something, don't fret. Nothing is so important that you have to have that certain product. I like to mix up my drugstore products with my higher end stuff. Like I literally have an eyeshadow palette that cost me a dollar next to one that cost me more than $50. That's just my taste, but if you have something else that works for you, then by all means, use it.

 What I did first was I used my concealer as a foundation. I didn't want to look too cakey with this look, so I opted for a concealer to just hide my trouble spots instead of putting on foundation. I used the Maybelline Fit Me concealer in the shade Medium. 

 It's a habit of mine to let my foundation or concealer to dry before I put on any other face products, so I start on my eyes at that point. I used three shades in the Naked 2 palette, so here's what colors I used, just in case you want to look for these colors in a cheaper version.
 I used the shades Chopper, Bootycall, and Half-Baked. I think it's a little hard to see what the names are, but they are the second to fourth colors pictured. I start with Bootycall. I apply it all over my eyelid, just to serve as a base color to make blending easier as I move on. Then I take Chopper and apply it to the outside corner of my eye and in the crease, right above Bootycall. I then take a fluffy brush and I get Half-Baked, and I just lightly apply it to where ever Chopper isn't. That way, it looks like Half-Baked transitions to Chopper nicely. 

 I then take my E.L.F liquid eyeliner and I lightly line my top eye lid. Liquid eyeliner is so hard to master when you first get it, but it looks so good on the eyes. I prefer the E.LF one over any other liquid eyeliner I have ever tried. It's so cheap and it works amazingly! After you're done with your eyeliner, I use the Roller Lash mascara to give my eye lashes a false lash look. If you don't have $24 to spend on the Roller Lash, I would recommend the Maybelline Lash Sensational or the Covergirl Lash Blast Volume. These are the best drugstore mascaras I've tried.

 With all of that done, here's what your eyes should look like 

 It looks almost like a champagne color, and it looks super natural. I like to play up one feature when I'm doing makeup. So if I go for a bold lip, I'll make sure not to overdo it on the eyes, and vice versa.

 For the first time ever I actually tried doing my eyebrows. All I did was fill them in. I used the L.A Colors Trendy palette that I literally picked up at a Dollar Tree. I use the dark brown color to fill in my brows. Here's what it looks like.
 It's the shade on the bottom row, second to last. It is the darkest brown in the whole collection, and it's almost the color of my brows. I've got dark eyebrows! But it works to fill them in and give me a natural look. I take an eyeliner brush and apply it to my eyebrows until I am happy with how they look. For you that maybe different than me, so I won't say how much I used.

 Now that my eyes and my eyebrows are done, I will go back to my face! I will take the Maybelline Fit Me blush in the shade Light Pink and apply it to the apples of my cheeks. I know some people prefer to apply blush right under the apples, but I think it looks better when you apply it to the apples of the cheek. That's just my personal taste. I feel like I am saying that a lot in this tutorial. I should just call it the "My Personal Taste Tutorial." ;)

 Once I am done with my blush, I will go to my lips! I am using the NYX Butter Gloss in the shade Red Velvet. What I love about Butter Glosses is that they actually smell like what the name is, so this smells like red velvet cupcakes when you apply it. Which is amazing for me because red velvet is like the only cake I will actually eat! Soo good! 

 The only thing about the butter glosses is that it goes on really lightly, so I find I have to keep reapplying until I get to a good color. I don't mind it because it smells so good as I am applying it. But if this is a problem for you, any true red color will be a good replacement for what I'm using.

 Once you're done with the lips, your look is done! Here's the final product!

 Thanks so much for reading this! I hope you all are having a great Sunday! 

How do you play up a red lip look? Leave links to your blog if you have one, or comments as to how you do a red lip in the comment section down below!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top