Favorite Christmas Songs!

 So it is almost Christmas time! It seems as though Christmas came quicker than usual, or maybe that's because I'm busy and time is just flying. I am not sure, but anyways! I meant to do a list of my favorite Christmas songs on Monday but I went to work and afterwards I wasn't in a very Christmas-y mood. XD But I wanted to get this out before the day actually hits here, so here it goes!

 Now just as a warning, my favorite Christmas songs are the more recent pop songs. I am not a very traditional Christmas song person. There are some I like, but overall, I don't really care for the traditional songs. So I am sorry if my taste isn't yours. But oh well :)


 First up: Everyone's a Kid at Christmas Time by Stevie Wonder

This song just makes me feel like a kid. It has an amazing instrumental as well as having Stevie Wonder's soulful voice. I have heard this song a lot since I work retail and I have to say, I wasn't always as crazy about this song as I am now. But anytime you hear the same song twice a day, 5 days out of the week, you start to lose your marbles. But this song has grown on me because of the fact that it has such and upbeat and classic sound. It really makes you feel like a kid and that's how Christmas feels. So it just works.

Next: My Only Wish by Britney Spears



Again. this is a song I heard at work. I didn't even know Britney Spears had a Christmas song until then but I am so glad I found this one. It is the epitome of 2000's pop Christmas. It is really a simple song so I won't try to over analyze it. But the lyrics are cute, and the chorus is so catchy. Listen to it once and you're going to have it stuck in your head for the rest of the day.


All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey


This song is must have on every Christmas song list ever, Christmas just isn't Christmas if you don't hear this song. My favorite thing about this song, besides being super fun to sing, is the fact that Mariah Carey actually co-wrote the song. I love when artists write their own Christmas songs. The song itself is pretty simple but still. I think I am discovering my love for simple songs... I really do love my simple songs... Anyways, this song is a classic and probably the closest to a classic that I have on this list.


So those are my three favorite Christmas songs! I hope you guys have gotten in Christmas-y mood after this. Do you have some songs that I missed? Tell me about it!   And in closing,  Merry Christmas from me to you.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top