Best Lip Products for Summer!



Hello there guys! I am actually blogging on a day I am supposed to! What a great day! Woo! Anyways, I am back with a new post about my favorite lip products for summer. I tried to make this list really well-rounded, but if you have anything that you love and would like to share it with me, by all means, do so.

 Now I know that I usually try to make Thursday's a Youtube day, but this week I really couldn't film before today, so I am saving a video for either Saturday night, or Sunday morning. I am going to be doing my June favorites, even though we are halfway through July! But yeah, I will have a video in the nearby future, so be on the look out for that!

 Now onto my favorite lip products!

Carmex Lip Balm


 I am going to start this list with lip essentials! I cannot live without Carmex. I think this works better than any other lip product at getting your lips soft and unchapped. I use an EOS one because I like the smell, but if I need something to make my lips unchapped, I use this. It has a cooling kind of sting when you first apply it. The more it stings, the more chapped your lips are. But if you are pretty consistent with putting this on, there is less of a sting.

 The reason why I included this in a summer list is because I know that I don't want chapped lips in the summer! Summer is for car rides with the top down, and long nights! Chapped lips, while not directly involved with either one of these activities, does ruin a fun summer day. So if chapped lips is something you struggle with, (we all do, and you know it), then I totally recommend Carmex.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Lip Pencil in Ozone



 Don't be deceived by the name, this is actually a lip primer. It is actually sold with the other lip pencils that Urban Decay sells, but it is a lip primer. I received this one in an Ipsy bag a couple months ago. I love how smooth my lips look when I put this on! It is intended to smooth any harsh lines on your lips before you put on any kind of lipstick or lipgloss. I think it's mainly aimed towards lipstick users, but it does work for lipglosses. 

 The only complaint I have about this product is that it a legitimate pencil. This means that you have to sharpen it, and you have to sharpen it pretty often. I know that I get two uses before I have to sharpen again. If this isn't a problem for you, then it should be fine. It's a great primer for the lips overall, so if you haven't tried it yet, I totally would!

Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipstick in 01

 So I am going to be moving onto actual lipsticks that I love for Summer. I am starting off with the Rimmel London-Kate Moss lipstick in 01. I heard raving reviews about the Kate Moss lipsticks for Rimmel, so I picked up two colors. The other color I got was the 07 and it's more berry than a red, so it's a great color for fall, but not so much for summer. The 01, though, is. It is the most perfect red to wear in the summer. It has gold and orange hues in it, which makes the red look more rich. I personally loved this color for any kind of holiday party or special occasion. With the right summer dress, this would look ravishing. Plus it was a great color for 4th of July (sorry all international users who don't know what I am talking about. Shameless American plug). This color is my go-to red for any kind of summer event.

NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee


 In stark contrast from the Rimmel lipstick, my next choice is the NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee. This shade is a gorgeous nude shade that I feel like is perfect for me. Now I know that on some paler skin tones, this color can somewhat wash you out. I learned this by letting my mom borrow this and she told me she didn't like it. But for my medium skin tone girls out there, I feel like this is a great nude for you.

 I am a huge fan of the NYX Butter Glosses because they are the best hybrid between a lipstick and a lip gloss that I have ever seen. They are richly pigmented and not sticky like a lipstick, but are shiny and feel great on the lips like a lip gloss. I have like four of these butter glosses in my makeup collection because I am just obsessed with them.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Paolo


 NYX just has some quality lip products, because next on my list is the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream. What I love about this color is that it is a nice, bold, mauve-ish pink shade. It goes on like a cream and mattifies as you are wearing it. When I wore this to work one day, I got so many compliments on my lips! This color is for anyone looking for a bold lip that it really pretty and not so overwhelming. As it dries, it can kind of fade, so you'll have to reapply it often. But nothing compares to how awesome you look with this on your lips.

Milani Lipstick in the shade Naturally Chic



  If you watched my original Beauty Haul video on Youtube, you might remember me talking about this. If not, here is a link so that you can watch it, if you would like to. But anyways, this color is still a favorite of mine and it's been like 3 months since I got it. Maybe that's a dramatic estimate, but my sense of time is horrible.

 More about the lipstick. It is a dusty rose kind of color, that on me, looks more nude than pink. I love it though. I use it on looks that I want to be more vintage or older looking. This color is perfect for work. It is enough color to brighten your face, but not enough to be distracting in anyway. This is a staple in my lipstick collection, no matter the time of year!

Thanks so much for reading! I hope you guys are having an awesome day! Be sure to let me know what colors you are currently loving! I love looking into new beauty products.

Question of the Post: What are your makeup staples for a great Summer look? Be sure to let me know in the comments down below :)

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top