Acrylic Kit by Kiss Review!




Hello guys! I am here to talk about this nail kit I just bought like a week ago. I love doing my own nails: partly because I hate paying to get my nails done, and because I hate to be touched. It's one of those weird phobias for me, but I don't like when strangers touch me. I have gotten my nails done once in my life and I hated it. But I love pretty nails, and I have been trying to find a way to make them look more professional, so I invested in this kit by Kiss.

 Before I jump into the review, I just wanted to let you know that I do have a Facebook page dedicated to this blog. Here is the link if you would like to view it. I left a link in my last video's description bar, but I didn't mention it in the video, so I thought I would mention it here. I am trying different things, and I think the Facebook page is a great first start.

 Onto the review. Now I will say this as a bit of a disclaimer: I have never paid to get acrylic nails before, so I was guessing at a lot of what I was doing. The kit does come with an instruction manual, but it is not very detailed in its descriptions, so the buyer is left to assume a lot of things. But if you have paid to get your nails done with the acrylics, you would probably have a better idea how to work some things. I have only gotten shellac done on my nails before, so I was clueless when it came to acrylics.

  First I will start with the basics of the kit. It comes with quite a lot, and it retails for $8 at Target, which is a really great bargain. It comes with 40 natural looking nails, and 40 white tips. It is a french manicure kit, but I don't care for a french manicure, so I only used the natural nails part. As well, it comes with a cuticle pusher, a small brush, a large nail file, acrylic powder, acrylic liquid, and adhesives for the nails.

 Now onto the not so great parts: it really is designed for professionals to use. I am an avid user of false nails that have the nail glue and I just put a color on top and call it a day. But this kit requires a better understanding of how to apply acrylic nails in general in order to use it. The natural nails have a part designed for where to put the glue, the nails in the kit are huge, so you have to cut them yourself, and it is designed to be done with extensive time involved. I can normally do my nails in less than an hour, and when I used this kit, it took me two hours to do everything involved. As well, the acrylic liquid can get everywhere very fast. One of the instructions in the manual is to pour a little of the liquid into a small bowl. However, the bottle is not designed to be poured. When you do pour the bottle, there is massive leaks and it gets everywhere. Here is a look at my laptop when I attempted to do this on top of it,

*I cannot figure out how to rotate this picture, so I am sorry for the weird angle!*



 The liquid bottle is very messy, and quite frankly, not my taste.

 I will end this review with some good news, because I hate to end on a bad note. I love the nail file board. I think I will continue to use the board more than anything else in this kit. It is a great shape and size for getting into hard areas of your nail, like ridges. As well, there are two sides, one being rougher than the first. So depending on what you need, there is an option. As well, the nails itself were durable and the glue really sticks the fake nail to your real nail pretty well. When I realized for the first time that the manicure wasn't going to work, it took forever to get the nails off. So that's a good sign.

 All in all, I wouldn't recommend this product to you unless you are a professional, or you are very knowledgeable about how acrylics work. If none of those apply to you, you might be setting yourself up for a big mess or messy nails.

 Be sure to let me know what you think! If you have used this product before and loved it, let me know! I would love to get some outside thoughts on this product. I am a huge fan of this brand, but this product wasn't great for me.

Thanks so much for reading!!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top