What Am I Listening To?

 Hey guys! So I am so sorry about Thursday's post! I had a Get Ready With Me video planned and edited, but for some reason, my computer would not let me publish it! I know it's really not an excuse, but I was just really bummed when it didn't work out. I am still trying to publish it, and if it works, then I will upload it on top of what I already have recorded for Thursday! Again, so sorry!

 Onto today's post! I am going to be sharing with you guys my most favorite songs for the previous month. When I first started sharing what I loved in music on this blog, I thought it was going to be a weekly thing. I have decided that might be a little too much. But instead, I will shoot for one a month!

First up, Something Big by Shawn Mendes


 First of all, can we talk about how cute he is! And what I love about him more as an artist is that he really put himself out there in order to be signed. He was an internet celebrity before he became a recording artist, often posting himself singing in Vines. His first album, Handwritten, is a mix of soulful ballads, and more upbeat, catchy pop songs, like Something Big. I really can't tell you one specific thing I love about this song. I love the infectious melody, his voice on the verses, as well as the overall production of the song itself. I absolutely adore this song, as well as Shawn Mendes. I think we can expect great things from him.

Next Up, Tear In My Heart by Twenty One Pilots

 I will be honest and say, this is quite the stretch from Shawn Mendes, but what they share in common is their catchy-ness. This song is more rock driven, but still maintains a mainstream appeal to it. It's not rock music that screams rock. What I love about this band, in particular, is how easily and smoothly they are able to cross genres. They are songs that have more of a steady rhythm and are more melodic, then there are some that don't follow the normal formatting of songs. In this song in particular, and the reason I chose it as one of my favorites, is how the song is somehow divided into two parts. There is the beginning and the last verse that follow the same instrumentations, then there is the middle, that seems to come out of nowhere! It doesn't follow the same rhythm as the beginning and the end: it is entirely unique from the rest of the song. I absolutely love this risky move they made by changing the middle of the song. I think it adds personality to a mainstream sounding rock song, and helps keep Twenty One Pilots in a league of their own.

Finally, I Really Like You by Carly Rae Jepsen


 Okay, okay, I'll admit it: This song is slowly becoming one of my favorites. I can't help it! To be truthfully honest, it isn't really that good. It is not the most beautifully composed songs, nor does it have anything that truly makes it unique. But what it does have, is it's insanely catchy chorus. And it's so easy to sing along to! There aren't any hard riffs, there isn't something complex in the verses to make it hard to sing. It is a guilty pleasure song that's extremely easy to fall in love with. It's fun, and it's cute. And sometimes, that's all we need in a song.

Thanks so much for reading! I hope you have a great day, and I will see you guys soon!

What songs are you currently loving? Be sure to let me know!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top