An Interview With Chelsea Marrs

                                                    Photo is courtesy of Chowing Down By The Bay


 Hello guys! For my post today, I decided to post an interview I held with Chelsea Marrs of Chowing Down By The Bay. She is an amazing food and fashion blogger, who just happens to be a good friend of mine. When I first started blogging back in December, she was one of the first bloggers to follow me, and we have been friends ever since. So when I had the idea to do an interview, I knew that Chelsea would be the first person I asked.

 Here is the interview I did with her. I hope you all enjoy it :)


How long have you been blogging?

I’ve been blogging for 2 ½ years, but I only started really promoting it on social media last summer!

What inspired you to start a blog?

As its name suggests, Chowing Down by the Bay got its start as strictly a food blog; or more specifically, a restaurant review blog. Growing up in the food mecca that is San Francisco, my friends and I were determined to branch out of our usual routine of going to the same restaurants over and over, and Chow Down was born!

What is your favorite part of blogging?

Honestly, meeting the incredible blogging community – both online and offline! When I started blogging I didn’t even know there was a whole huge community of lovely bloggers to get to know. It’s a really nice & unexpected perk of blogging.


 What advice would you give to anyone who wanted to start a blog?

I would say don’t take it too seriously and just have fun with it – the rest will come organically. Also, don’t be afraid to interact with other bloggers!

What do you like about other people's blogs?

I love how each blog is a little different. Everyone has their own voice, and blogs are a great way to showcase that.

If you could describe your blog in 5 words or less, how would you describe it?

Food with some fashion too J

What's a pitfall of blogging that most people don't see unless they blog themselves? 

It can be SUPER time-consuming! From taking pictures, to editing pictures, to writing, re-writing, and especially promoting posts – it all adds up and isn’t as easy as it looks. That’s why you really have to enjoy it to stay in it for the long haul.

Is there any benefits to blogging that people don't see unless they blog themselves?

Definitely – you get to meet an amazingly creative, friendly, and supportive group of bloggers. I’ve made a lot of friends through blogging which I wasn’t really expecting!

What are your secrets to having a successful blog? 

Definitely put in the time to promote your posts and go through SEO for your posts. That way, people can actually find and read them!


 Again, I would like to thank the lovely Chelsea Marrs for letting me interview her! And, as well, you guys reading this now. Thanks so much for reading and I will see you guys soon!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top