Letting Go, Staying Positive



Hello lovelies! So I know I always take this first paragraph to just kind of talk to you guys about whatever is going on, or if I have something on my mind, this is normally my spot. But today, I just want to debut my twice a week blog posts! So from now on, I will posting every Sunday and Thursday. These days are my favorite days of the week, so I thought that they were good days to put up a blog post! Now, if for any reason I cannot post on Sunday or Thursday, I will probably say something about it on social media, particularly Twitter because I'm the most active on there. But for the most part, these are my days!


 Now onto this post! To be honest, I really didn't know what I was going to write today. Back on Monday, I knew that I wanted to write something on today, but I really didn't know what exactly I was going to do. I probably would have ended up going through my blog journal and found a topic that I felt like writing.

 But then something happened yesterday that changed my mind. I won't go into specifics of it, but let's just say it was not a good day for me. I was really upset at someone, and I won't lie, when things like that happen, I can carry it like a weight on my shoulders. I don't know if this happens to you too, but I know how emotionally taxing anger and disappointment are on myself, so I like to get over it pretty fast. This doesn't mean I have forgiven the situation or the person involved. But for my personal well being, I move on.

 Now I know what you might be saying: How can you move on fast? Well, I'm glad you asked! I'll share my tips for getting over anything in rapid time! Now like I said before, this doesn't mean that it's all good in the hood once you move on, but for personal sakes, it's good to not dwell in any kind of bad feelings. Because if you do, it carries into everything you do. And why let it make anything worse?

Tip 1: Find out why it makes you upset/mad

 This might seem a bit analytical for such an emotional thing, it's a must. Take your emotions out of the equation and analyze why it hurts you. If you dwell in the emotional aspect,  but never look at the logistics of the situation, then you might miss something. Like maybe you realize that it isn't that big of a deal once you take out your emotions, or maybe you realize that it hurts because you feel like trust has been lost. All of these things help overall. Because when it comes to confronting the situation, you will full heartedly know what it is that makes you upset and what you need as a result in order to feel whole again. I hope that makes sense.

Tip 2: Find an outlet to release bad vibes.

 Now everyone has different versions of how they release bad vibes. Some people like to listen to music, some like to work out, some like to vent. Whatever this is for you, do it. For me personally, I like to listen to happy, upbeat music. I imagine myself dancing along to the songs, singing along to the most corny songs. I know some people like music based off their current mood, but I think that this is so toxic. I prefer music that is upbeat and happy when I'm down. I crave to be happy, so I seek out those go-to happy songs. Here's some of my go-to happy songs :)

Of course, Wannabe by the Spice Girls.



Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars


Shake it Off by Taylor Swift



Tip 3: Do Something Peaceful

 So you just got done doing something super fun and got rid of the bad vibes, so know you should do something that is peaceful and calming. Like I mentioned in the last tip, this can vary person to person. I know I like to watch my cat playing with a toy, or take a bath. But for you, this could mean baking, or sleeping. Whatever works for you will do! Just something that calms your mind and your body.

 So those are what I normally do in the event of being upset. I find that by doing this, and keeping my mind off of it for a little while, I come back as my normal, optimistic self. This way, I can go about the rest of my day without carrying the weight in my heart. 

 I hope this helps someone out there!

What do you do when you're upset? Any tips I might have forgotten? Let me know by commenting down below :)


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top