Interview with Molly Mac!




 Hey guys! So today's blog post is a little different! I am going to be interviewing a good friend of mine, and her name is Molly. I met her through Twitter and I think it was through a blog chat. I remember being immediately interested in her because her blog was so clean and her writing is so cute. I remember thinking "Wow, I wish my blog looked like hers!" And talking to her on Twitter always makes me smile! Seriously, stalk her Twitter, she is hilarious! But furthermore, she is such a sweet soul, and a lovely person in all. So I wanted to interview her, just in case you guys don't know about her :)

Her blog is http://mollymac13.blogspot.com so be sure to check it out :)




How long have you been blogging?

I’ve technically been blogging for two and a half years; though within the last two years is when I’ve been able to properly invest time into it and become more serious about it.

What inspired you to start a blog?

After stumbling upon blogs when I was in high school, I knew I didn’t want to just be an observer of this world. I wanted to contribute and share my musings and passions with others. At the time I was looking for a change of pace, and being someone who loves writing and is generally creative, blogging seemed like a fitting hobby to satisfy that.

What is your favorite part of blogging?

There are countless aspects of blogging that are all favorites. Just two are the creativity necessary and the community. Naturally, I have a tendency to be creative, so I always appreciate the chance to express and exercise that side of my personality. Beyond that I appreciate the like-minded community I’m now a part of. 

What advice would you give to anyone who wanted to start a blog?

Go for it! It’s worth a try to see if it ends up becoming a hobby you enjoy. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to meet some really lovely individuals in the process.

What do you like about other people's blogs?

Being a very visual person, I always appreciate a clean aesthetic and quality photos and graphics. What I really love, though, is how everyone’s personalities shine through their blogs; be it with their visuals or written voice.

If you could describe your blog in 5 words or less, how would you describe it?

Beauty, Design, DIY'S, Fashion, Lifestyle


What's a pitfall of blogging that most people don't see unless they blog themselves?

Blogging is very time consuming. Between brainstorming, planning, photography, writing, editing, promoting, and networking; the amount of time needed adds up. It’s so worth it, though. When it’s all said and done, you’re then left with a really unique space that you created.

Is there any benefits to blogging that people don't see unless they blog themselves?

Yes! Becoming a part of this community and culture means readily available inspiration at all times in a variety of forms courtesy of some really great people. Blogging really encourages creativity. Blogging can also help to improve specific skills like photography, writing, and even time management.

What are your secrets to having a successful blog?

Success can be defined in various ways and differs person to person. For myself, having a successful blog means creating content I’m proud of. That being said, create what you want. Don’t force it and let it flow, and it will all fall into place.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top