Power of Napping!



 Hello guys! It feels like forever since I have actually sat down and wrote a blog post. I miss it though :) Today I am bringing you a different type of blog post! I have collaborated with Casper to bring you this post all about the many benefits of napping! Anyone who knows me, knows that I take naps very seriously, so I was so excited when Casper reached out to me to write this post!

 In case you have never heard of Casper; they are a startup that has designed a mattress, sheets, and pillows designed to give you the best rest you can get! If you would like to check them out, then here is a link to their site! 

 So onto the heavy hitting napping material :)

 I, personally, have always been a huge napping fan. For me, the worst thing about napping is how long to make a nap. Ideally, I take somewhere between 15-25 minute naps. I find that this is the perfect amount of time to wake up and feel refreshed. If I take a nap for any longer than that, I wake up groggy and a little disoriented! Plus, I won't be able to sleep at night if I take a super long nap. So I like a quick little nap.

 I have found that taking a nap helps me to be more productive. When I wake up from a nap, I find that I am more alert and more productive. I take naps especially if I am studying for a long period time. During finals, you can find me taking naps like everyday! I find that staring at words and notes can drain my eyes, so when it gets to the point where I am just staring at words and not retaining anything, I take a little nap. It's seriously one of the best study hacks that I use. The same can go for work. My co-workers used to make fun of me because if I had a lunch break, I would always try to squeeze in a 15 minute nap. I am lucky that we have a futon in our break room! It probably wouldn't work if we didn't XD. I have found that more people have followed my lead and started to squeeze in a nap at work! Sometimes, it's all you need to get you to work your best :)


(Even my cat enjoys a little nap)



  Now I know squeezing a nap can be easier said than done, especially if you don't have the resources to do so. For me, I can pretty much sleep everywhere. But, if you're not like me, then I have some tips to try and get a quick little nap in! 

 1. Utilize your spare time

 We all have some down time, whether we see it or not. It can be, taking some of your lunch break to nap, or if you're a student like me, taking 20 minutes after class to get some z's. Everyone is different, but the important thing to do is seriously analyze what you do in a day, and see where you can take 15 to 20 minutes for yourself.

2. Know your needs

 For me, a quick nap is the most effective. I usually take 20 minutes. But science has said that anywhere between 15 to 25 is the best amount of time to nap for, so find what time works for you! Maybe you only need 10 minutes, maybe you need 30 minutes! Find what works for you to make you wake up refreshed and more productive.

3. Find your napping spot

 Like I mentioned before, I like to nap on the futon at my job. I mean, I love my bed immensely, but if I am out, then I am forced to use the futon! This tip is conjunction with the first tip. Find your time to nap, then find where to nap. The goal is to be comfortable enough to sleep for a short amount of time. That might mean at your desk if you work an office job, or it could mean your car if you are comfortable enough being in your car! Where there is a will, there is a way :)


 That pretty much concludes this post! Thanks so much for reading today! And thank you so much to Casper for reaching out to me to write this. Let's just say, a lot of research went into this ;) In case you didn't know, National Napping Day is March 11th, so go enjoy a nap!

 Here is an image courtesy of Casper all about napping :)

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top